TRANSFER TO ANOTHER LAB DEGREE PROGRAMME
Students who have a study right in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree programme in LAB University of Applied Sciences can apply for a transfer to another LAB degree programme.
The applicant must have studied in his/her current programme for at least one semester i.e. transfer can't be applied earlier than the second semester. For example:
- if you have started your studies in January, you can apply for transfer in November, at the earliest
- if you have started your studies in September, you can apply for transfer in May, at the earliest.
LAB University of Applied Sciences can accept transfer students if there are any study places available in the degree programme the applicant wishes to transfer to.
When to apply?
The transfer student application is arranged twice a year.
The next application period is May 2nd, 2022 at 8 am - May 16th, 2022 till 3 pm.
After that next application period is in November 2022.
- The applicant is required to have made consistent academic progress in the current programme. The studies she/he has completed prior to the transfer must be eligible for accreditation towards the new degree.
- The applicant must have sufficient time left to complete the new degree programme within the official time limit.
- The applicant is expected to write a motivation letter, in which she/he should state reasons for wanting to transfer to the degree programme in question.
- In addition, when applying for Design and Fine Arts degree programmes, the applicant is expected to present a portfolio or pre-assignment. In order to be accepted, at least 50 % of the maximum points in the assignment evaluation is required.
- When applying to a Master’s degree programme, the applicant must meet the eligibility criteria defined in Joint Application.
Use an e-form to apply
Attach your motivation letter (max one A4 sheet) to the form. If your application is accepted, your study right in the new degree programme starts in the beginning of the next semester.
We recommend for you to consult your study counsellor before applying.
Contact your study councellor
If you have further questions, you may want to contact the study counsellor of your faculty.