THESIS WRITING GUIDANCE
BACHELOR´S DEGREE STUDENTS
There are three consecutive parts in the LAB thesis writing process:
Thesis Writing Lectures 1 cr
- here you are provided with theory and LAB writing practices when you have started your thesis, i.e. after you have participated in the thesis kick-off, you have a thesis supervisor and you are about the start writing the thesis
- compulsory for you
- joint lectures for all degree programmes
- online/contact lectures
- maximum number of students in a group 50
- on Peppi, please, enrol on Thesis Planning, 5 credits. The course comprises Thesis Writing, 1 credit.
- on the Moodle platform Enrolment: Thesis Writing Lectures you can select a suitable thesis writing schedule and give your name, group, and the code of the Thesis Planning course you are enrolled on.
- the text of the thesis report is processed together with a language teacher when you have written about half of the intended length of the thesis report.
- compulsory for you
- mainly individual guidance
- on the Moodle platform Enrolment: Thesis writing guidande, please, enrol for writing guidance at field-specific discussion forums.
- after the guidance you and the English teacher agree on when and how you submit the completed thesis for evaluation. The same English teacher gives a grade for the final thesis report.
- the finished thesis is to be sent for evaluation to the thesis instructor and English teacher at the same time. This must take place two weeks before you submit the application for the certificate at the latest.
- the English teacher does not correct any mistakes at this point.
You will find the thesis writing guidelines and the thesis template here.
MASTER´S DEGREE STUDENTS
All master´s degree students are to take an online Research Writing course (6 hours) at the beginning or their studies. The online lecture series is included in the Thesis Planning (10 ECTS), and you receive an entry in Peppi for completing it. The completion of the lecture series is assessed pass/fail.
There is non-stop enrolment for Research Writing Online
Enrolment key: MASTERLAB
The thesis supervisor/instructor can recommend individual writing guidance to the thesis author if necessary.