Exam visit service means that you can take an exam from your own university in another university's electronic Exam space.
More information about Exam visit service
General information about Exam visit service in LAB University of Applied Sciences
Registering for the exam is done in your home university Exam system. Note that your electronic exam reservation is visible only in your home university Exam.
In electronic Exam examination, the instructions of electronic exams of LAB University of Applied Sciences are followed. When visiting LAB University of Applied Sciences Exam space, you must adhere to the instructions and rules of LAB University of Applied Sciences Exam space. Exam space has a real-time and recording camera surveillance.
LAB University of Applies Sciences Exam space has Windows workstations with limited software choices. There is no access to the Internet. The software and equipment in use during the exam can be checked in here.
Please note that in electronic Exam examination you cannot use paper and pen to take notes or write your answers.
Read the following instructions before your examination in LAB University of Applied Sciences:
The code of conduct of an electronic exam
Electronic exam differs from the normal exam with respect to the surveillance/monitoring and some of the properties. Due to these differences the rules in the electronic exams are stricter.
The exam room is equipped with surveillance cameras, which record both picture and sound. The recordings are available for checking after the exam.
There is a register system report made of the surveillance system by the keeper of the register (LAB). Registering for electronic exams means, that you give your consent to the camera surveillance.
- Be prepared to identify yourself before entering the exam room -there will be inspections concerning identification arranged randomly.
- Read the Exam instructions.
- The instructions can also be found in the “Instructions” folder in the exam computers.
- You must not move in and out of the exam room during the exam or move around in the exam room in vain.
- You must not discuss with others, look at other computers or interact in any way with the other exam takers.
- Using the storage lockers is allowed only for the students taking an exam while the exam is in progress. You must empty the locker immediately after leaving the exam room. LAB UAS is not responsible for the things left in storage lockers.
- You are not allowed to use any electronic devices, dictionaries, literature or any other material in the exam. Snacks, water bottle, scrap paper or pens/pencils are not allowed either.
- If your exam is prohibited or disturbed by technical or other problems act according to the instruction ”In case of a problem”. The instructions can also be found in the “Instructions” folder in the exam computers.
- If you don’t follow this code of conduct, your exam can be disqualified. All suspicions of misconduct will be investigated, and a proven misconduct can lead to disqualification of the exam and disciplinary measures.
Operating in the exam computer
You do not have to log in to the exam computer.
Start by clicking the shortcut link 1. Exam. The starting page of the browser is the login page of Exam. Choose from Haka organisation menu your own university and log in to Exam with your own university credentials.
Multi-Factor Authentication is not used on the Exam computers, since you cannot bring any devices to the Exam space.
Exam visit service for LAB students in other universities
When you make a reservation for exam in another university's Exam space, read carefully the exam instructions and rules of that university. Important: check in advance that the exam computer has the required software.
Look at the instruction: Reserving an examination time in another university's Exam space
Exam visit service in LAB electronic Exam hall for students from other universities
Mukkulankatu 19, 2nd floor (C wing, room C207)
- Opening hours: Campus opening hours Mon-Fri 8–16, Exam room open Mon-Fri 9–16.
- Entrance: Entrance via the main doors (A wing, 1st floor). The main doors are open Mon-Fri 8–16 (main doors are closed in July) and are located on the left-hand side of the building when viewed from the front (the end facing the railway line). Feel free to get to know the campus virtually or with the campus maps (1st floor, 2nd floor) before exam.
- More information: LAB Exam computers. Outdoor clothes can be left in the coat rack near the Lobby Services (A wing, 1st floor, room A102).
You need an access card to enter the Exam room in Mukkulankatu. Use your personal (LUT/LAB) access card if you have some, otherwise you can borrow visitor card from the Lobby services (A wing, 1st floor, room A102, near the main doors) if needed. Please note Lobby services opening hours (in the summer months, be prepared for longer waiting time and call +358 50 9186784 or +358 29 4462513 if necessary) when making the Exam reservation, so that you have time to pick up your access card before exam. During opening hours, you can return the card to Lobby services and after that to the mailbox in the Lobby services. During opening hours, exit the main doors and after that through the red doors by the mains doors.
Visitor parking only with eParking app (choose short-term parking). If you arrive by car, please read campus parking instructions.
Niemenkatu 73 C 2nd floor, 15140 Lahti
- Exam visit is available in Lahti Campus Niemenkatu 73 electronic Exam hall.
- Entrance via the main door, guided route. Shared space with LAB and LUT.
- Opening hours: Campus opening hours Mon-Fri 8-16, Exam hall open Mon-Fri 9-20, check campus opening hours here
- If your exam booking starts between 16-20, enter the building from door B2, that door is open till 19.15
- Lobby service: tel. +358 50 385 4986, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Location of the Niemenkatu Exam room.
You can also open the map in pdf format.
You need a magnetic key to enter the Exam room in Lappeenranta. Contact Student Customer Service and make an appointment for lending the access key. When making the exam reservation, note the opening hours of Student Services, in order to pick up the access key before the exam. You can return the access key outside opening hours to the Student Services mailbox, next to the door of Student Services office.