USER ID AND PASSWORDS
Before you can use any services in LAB university, you have to register in id.lut.fi -system. Here you can change your password or manage your account and activate OTP-application for your smartphone.
LUT account for students who are not able to activate their LUT account with Finnish e-identification methods.
Read more detailed instructions from here: How to activate your LUT account?
LUT account for students who are able to use Finnish e-identification methods (online banking ID etc.)
Activate your account here: https://id.lut.fi
Manage your account
You can manage your LUT account at id.lut.fi website by selecting Account Management. You can also select English as the page language.
In the account management sections you can:
- view your account information and verify your email address.
- change your password.
- activate OTP application with your smartphone.
You can change your password on id.lut.fi using either your username and your
You can change your LUT account's password in id.lut.fi website by selecting password renewal. You can also select English as the page language.
You have three ways to change your password.
1. Change your password using your old password.
2. Change your password using internet bank. Only finnish bank accounts is allowed!
3. Change your password usin OTP (one-time-password) application with your smartphone.
It is recommended activate OTP application immediately after activating LUT account! You can change your password via application everytime and everywhere you want and no bank account required!
You will need to change your password every 190 days. After changing your password, you will need to log in again to the information systems you use with your LUT account and to your Eduroam network.
Password must meet these password requirements:
- Password sentence is case sensitive
- Must be at least 16 characters long
- Must not include part of your name or user name
- Must not include a common word or commonly used sequence of characters
- Must have at least 3 types of the following characters:
- Uppercase (A-Z)
- Lowercase (a-z)
- Number (0-9)
- Symbol (!, #, $, etc.)
- Other language characters not listed above
- New password sentence may not have been used previously
- Must not include these characters: Å Ä Ö å ä ö ; \ ‘ ” / < > ` | . _ € — /* */ ‘– // @ ‘
- for example (don’t use! ) J@mes-OO7-Bond0nAg€ntti