LUT Academic Library Current topics
LUT Academic Library helps you at Lappeenranta campus, at Lahti campus and of course online.
In Lappeenranta, the library is located in the 1st building near the Gallery lobby. Check out the library facilities in Lappeenranta.
In Lahti the library is located on Mukkulankatu 19. The customer service and part of the book collection are on the 2nd floor in D246. The rest of the book collection is also on the 2nd floor in C213. You can read and borrow journals and magazines on the 1st floor in A126.
You’ll find the library’s opening and service hours and our contact information on our website. LAB students who have an access key can use the library outside the service and opening hours.
- LAB students are automatically registered as library users so no need to fill in any forms. As a library user you have access to e-book, journals and articles through LAB Primo, just remember to sign in with your uni ID.
- Get you digital library card by downloading the Ex Libris Library Mobile from the app store to your smart phone, further instructions here. You’ll need the library card to borrow print materials / books.
- You can borrow and return items using the self-service machines also during self-service hours.
- You can renew your loans, make requests, and save searches in LAB Primo, as well as access e-books and articles.
- You can also pay your fines and fees in LAB Primo.
- LibGuides(external site, link opens a new tab) will help you with information retrieval, accessing e-materials and much more.
- Please make sure the library has your up-to-date home address by the end of the semester.
LUT Academic Library Lappeenranta: email@example.com
LUT Academic Library Lahti: firstname.lastname@example.org
LUT Academic library organizes group guidance sessions for thesis information retrieval.
- Tuesday 29 Nov at 15
During the session, you’ll get tips on how to search effectively using LAB Primo and other important databases. Guidances are held via Zoom. Please register for a session using the web form at the latest one day before the guidance.
You can also book a personal information retrieval guidance at your convenience using web form.
See you online!
Hello the graduating student!
Please remember to update your contact information at the library (address + email), return your loans and pay overdue fees before graduation.
After graduating you can continue to use the library and borrow printed materials using physical library card (eLIB and digital library card is not available after graduation). Electronic materials are available at the library during customer service times.
Please remember that pdf files of theses published in Theseus cannot be edited or changed after publication. Therefore, please ensure that you upload the completed thesis approved by your supervisor to Theseus. Start uploading process only after you have received permission for it from your supervisor.
On Theseus's submissions page https://submissions.theseus.fi/en/index.html, you can find many comprehensive instructions for example about pdf/a file, copyright and choosing collection. Please remember to name your file as advised. The uploading instructions and video can be found on the page https://submissions.theseus.fi/en/ohje2.htm. Please look!
If the Theseus uploading has any challenges or you uploaded the wrong pdf, promptly put a message to us at email@example.com
What is WGSN Interiors?
WGSN Interiors offers insights into evolving consumer lifestyles and interior trends from up-to-the-minute movements to 10 year forecasts. The platform taps into the future of home and public spaces by tracking the need-to-know trends in design, buying, retail, packaging, colours, material and finishes, as well as anticipating the impact of new technologies and sustainable practices.
What areas does WGSN Interiors cover?
Bed & Bath, Decorative Accessories, DIY & Craft, Furniture & Lighting, Garden & Outdoor, Gifting, Kitchen & Dining, Pets, Seasonal Events, Stationery, Teens Kids & Baby, Textiles, Living Spaces, Health & Wellness, Hospitality, Transport & Mobility, Walls & Floors, Work & Public Spaces, Buying, Retail & E-commerce, Visual Merchandising
What's the time range for trend coverage and forecasts?
WGSN Interiors cover trends emerging right now with The Feed and those impacting development in 2, 5 and 10 years’ time. The suite of 2-year forecasts are aligned with WGSN’s flagship annual macro forecasts: Future Consumer, Future Drivers and Future Innovations. The insights from these reports are then applied to the Big Ideas and Product Forecasts.
You may acces WGSN Interiors through LAB Primo. Write to search field: WGSN Interiors [https://lut.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/permalink/358FIN_LUT/11kf9k3/alma992016588306254]
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
You’ll find the collections at Mukkulankatu in three separate rooms:
- Customer service, please see service hours
- Borrowing, returns and picking up reservations
- Collections from classmarks 00-59
- Reference library
- Collections from classmarks 60-99
Materials previously located at Niemenkatu are now a part of Mukkulankatu collections.
The location information of the materials can be found in LAB Primo. If you need help finding the materials, you can contact the LUT Academic Library customer service via e-mail email@example.com or tel. 050 345 9101 (during service hours).
During the move, Scientia collections are not available, but reservations and requests can be made via LAB Primo.
If you urgently need a book from Scientia's collection, please contact customer service via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 050 345 9101 (Mon-Fri from 12 to 14). On Friday Sep 10th , you’ll also reach us by calling 044 708 1828 (from 8 to 16).
We will try to move the collection as quickly as possible so that the collections are available again soon.
We apologize for this tight schedule of the move and the inconvenience it may cause.
BrowZine brings all Academic Library´s scholarly journal content together and allows you to access and browse e-journals in one interface.
BrowZine makes it easy to build your customized bookshelf of favorite journals. To your bookshelf you can add articles from your preferred journals. You can also receive alerts when new articles become available and share article links with others by e-mail, or bibliographic management systems.
BrowZine is also available for iOS and Android mobile devices. You can read your articles or download and save them to your device, when the articles can be accessed offline.
About BrowZine in Follow journals -LibGuide
Check also LibKey Nomad and MustRead -services!
More information: email@example.com
You can place request on books in LAB Primo. The requests are posted from Lahti to Lappeenranta and from Lappeenranta to Lahti twice a week, so please be patient.
Keep in mind:
- If you are coming to the library on the same day, you do not need to request the item. It is usually quicker to go to the shelf and pick up the item yourself. Primo and the library map will guide you to the correct shelf. The library staff pick up requested items only a few times a day.
- You will receive an email notification once the requested item is ready for pick up. The item will not be ready before that.
- The requested items are arranged alphabetically according to a personal pick-up code (first 3 letters of your last name + numbers). You can check your pick-up code from the notification email.
- Remember to borrow the requested items.
- If you no longer need the items you have requested, please cancel the request in Primo or notify the library staff. That way the items will be available for the next borrower sooner.
Try a request!